How to throw the Perfect Princess Birthday Party on a budget
How hard can it be to throw a princess birthday party? You just need some creativity and decorations fit for a princess, games that are an appropriate and delicious food that will make your guests feel like royalty. Follow these tips, and your little girl’s birthday party will be the talk of the kingdom!
1. Decide on a theme for the party
This will help you focus your planning and keep your costs down. Classic princess themes like Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella are always popular, but you can also get creative with a theme like “royal tea party” or “enchanted forest.”
2. Create a budget and stick to it
This is key to throwing a successful party on a budget. Decide how much you want to spend on decorations, food, beverages, entertainment and other incidentals, and then do your best to stay within that limit.
3. Hit up your local dollar store for party supplies
You can find plates, cups, napkins and decorations for a fraction of the price at big-name party stores. And don’t forget the balloons – a princess’s birthday party isn’t complete without them!
4. Plan games that are appropriate for your age group
If your guests are mostly adults, you can skip the games altogether. But if there are kids in attendance, keep things fun and age-appropriate with games like “pin the tiara on the princess” or “pass the parcel.”
5. Serve up a feast fit for a princess
There’s no need to break the bank on this part of the party. Serve up a menu of simple, affordable dishes like sandwiches, chicken nuggets or pizza. And don’t forget the birthday cake!
6. Choose affordable entertainment
If you’re hiring a clown, magician or other entertainers, be sure to shop around and compare prices. There are plenty of talented and affordable performers out there, so you don’t have to break the bank.
7. BYOB – Bring Your Own Beverages (Optional)
This is a great way to save money on the party. Serve up some juice, soft drinks or water and let your guests bring their own favourite beverages.
8. Send out invitations well in advance
This will give your guests plenty of time to save the date and make arrangements. You can create your own invitations or download free templates from the internet.
9. Set up a special area for pictures
Guests will love getting their picture taken with a life-size cardboard cut-out of Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty.
10. Reuse decorations from past parties
If you have a stash of princess-themed party decorations, use them! This will help keep your costs down and reduce the amount of clutter in your home.
11. Don’t forget the cake!
A princess birthday party wouldn’t be complete without a delicious birthday cake. Be sure to choose a flavour that your little girl will love.
12. Have fun!
The most important thing is to enjoy yourself – after all, it’s a princess party! Follow these simple tips and you’ll be able to throw a birthday bash that your little girl will always remember.
At a Glance:
- Serve food that is easy to prepare and doesn’t require a lot of utensils or dishes. Sandwiches, pizza, chicken nuggets, etc., are all good options.
- Buy decorations, plates, cups and other party supplies at your local dollar store.
- Have your guests bring their own drinks.
- Use decorations and supplies that you already have on hand
- Skip the games if most of your guests are adults.
- Hire a less expensive entertainer. Magicians and clowns don’t have to be expensive.
- Cut back on the amount of food you serve. You don’t need to serve a full meal if most of your guests will be snacking throughout the party.
- Send out invitations well in advance so guests have time to save the date and make arrangements.
The most important thing is to have fun! The princess’s birthday party will be a lot of work, but remember that it’s worth the effort. If you follow these simple tips and tricks, your little girl will feel like royalty on her very special day. Remember not to over-schedule yourself or go overboard with too many expensive activities – all you need is a little creativity and some imagination to make your princess birthday party a success. Have fun!
If you’re looking for more themed birthday party ideas, be sure to visit Party City Hours Blog page! We have everything you need to know to host a great birthday party, from decorations and food to games and prizes.